+44 (0)20 7907 2450
+44 (0)7770 337339
My job is to help individuals and teams to be the best they can possibly be, at all times and in all places.
Hilary can relate from personal experience to the business, people and personal challenges faced by her clients. In her strategic leadership roles in large organisations she has seen the difference that high quality coaching can make. Her coaching work includes:
- Providing a “safe space” for senior leaders to work on their business challenges, and stretching their thinking on their options;
- Encouraging reflection on habits, behaviours and limiting beliefs which may be getting in the way of top performance;
- Helping new leaders to build personal impact, and to focus where they add most value
- Working with clients who are graduating from professional expert into the leadership circle;
- Supporting senior and high potential women to achieve their aspirations at work and in life;
- Working with teams on their collective leadership.
- Hilary brings top level experience of setting and implementing strategy, running major projects and programmes, and managing the bottom line;
- She is used to balancing conflicting priorities and multiple stakeholders, whilst working through complex delivery chains and building partnerships with suppliers and contractors;
- Leading change, building organisational capability and delivering through others were key elements of her own development journey.
Hilary has held Board roles in the main Departments of UK Government, including the Treasury, the Cabinet Office and the Department for Business. With responsibility for multi-million pound budgets and multi-site operations, she has led transformation projects which have simultaneously achieved big savings and delivered major culture change. Public/private partnerships were a frequent feature of her work, and she also spent a year running a programme for senior executives from all sectors of the economy.
Hilary coaches clients across the private, public and voluntary sectors. Clients include Accenture, Royal Bank of Scotland, National Express, Talbot Insurance, Capital One, Johnson Matthey, Morrisons Plc, SABMiller, City law firms, Legal and General, General Medical Council, the Courts Service, the NHS, Universities and a wide range of UK Government Departments and agencies.
Hilary is married with two grown-up sons. Her husband had an international career when the boys were young, which for Hilary meant a two year career break teaching and studying in Holland, then a number of years combining two careers and a family, and commuting to Europe and Asia for company events. One of her sons is now based in the UK, and the other in Hong Kong.
MA Hons in History, Cambridge University
Certification from the School of Coaching
Qualified in Myers Briggs Steps 1 and 2, and Firo-B
Fully trained in team coaching
Trustee and Vice Chair, British Red Cross
Speaks good German and French, fair Dutch and some Italian and Spanish
Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts
Member of the Company of Information Technologists
Companion of the Order of the Bath (CB)
Co-author "The Reluctant Leader" published 2016
Co-author of a Praesta report on the issues that senior women bring to coaching
Author of a Praesta booklet "What makes a Great Chair in the Public Sector?"